Refreshing Lemon Margarita Recipe for Al Fresco Occasions
Try this thirst quenching, refreshing and satisfying Lemon Margarita recipe from Joe Mitchell of @curated_conscious if you're looking for a show-stopping cocktail to serve at your next BBQ, brunch or garden party! 🍋 We love anything citrus-y for the Summer months, so whether you're entertaining at home, hosting a party or enjoying the company of your family, try this simple and easy recipe.
Want a little spin on the classic cocktail? While we ADORE a Classic Margarita, sometimes we like to mix it up a bit. Enter: the lemon margarita! This drink captures everything that’s great about a margarita, but swaps the lime for a lemon-y citrus vibe. It’s refreshing and a unique take on the standard! Using lemon also makes this margarita pair well with foods outside the traditional margarita fare. Keep reading for how to make it and the ingredients you'll need!
- 1/2 sugar, 1/2 salt for the rim
- 1 Juiced lemon
- 1 Single shot of tequila
- Schweppes Soda water
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Slice of lemon
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Ice cubes
- Basil for garnish
- Rim the glass with your sugar and salt blend. The salt enhances the sweet and sour flavours in the drink! We suggest placing the mixture onto a side place.
- Shake in a cocktail shaker. Mix the lemon juice and tequila in a cocktail shaker until it is cold then pour in the Schweppes soda water.
- Strain into a glass and add ice. Strain the margarita into a glass and add ice.
- Garnish! Don't forget to add your extra lemon and lime slices, sprinkle of sugar and basil to garnish. If you're feeling extra fancy, why not style your cocktail with our Lover Of Lemons Stir Sticks? They are acrylic and therefore reusable for any occasion.
LOOKING FOR MORE INSPIRATION?
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter PLUS be the first to discover new collections & offers